Friday, July 11, 2014

Espanola to South Baymouth July 10/14

We started today's ride with a picture of the two of us before hopping on our bikes and heading for the South Baymouth ferry terminal where we will catch the Chi-Cheemaun for Tobermory and on to Wiarton in the morning. It felt like I was really on on my cross Canada tour now. I think it's because I'm finally off the Trans Canada Highway which gives you few opportunities for deviation. I called it a "Treadmill". You get on it and you keep going and going. Eastern Ontario has multiple route options to get to the same destination making it more interesting. I know your saying it took me 4500 kilometers to finally feel like I'm on a tour across Canada? "You must be crazy". You could be right because I am the one riding a bicycle across the country.

I did encounter a person who I think is crazier than me. A man from China pedaling a three wheeled bicycle around the world to promote the 2016 Olympics in Brazil. When I first saw him he was topping a steep hill by pulling the trike with a thick strap while walking beside it. By the time I turned around and headed back to take some pictures he was pedaling away.

The coastal scenery on Manitoulin Island reminded me of the American San Juan Islands but that definitely is not salt water.

No comments:

Post a Comment