Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Agawa Bay to the Soo! July 7/14 ride.

It was what seemed to be a drizzly morning like the last only this time it was the fog condensing into a mist that was coating everything. Ehh! Soaked just the same! After a couple of hours in the saddle the fog burned off and it was glorious warmth of the sun making me shed my layers and feel it's intensity directly on my skin. It accompanied me off and on all the way to the Soo.

Saute Saint Marie is considered the half way point when crossing Canada and my bike computer was showing just over 4000kms so that's about right. We stayed the night behind a bike shop, "Velorution", (Yes I planned to stay there) that caters to the touring cyclist. They have a toilet, shower, wifi and enough room for about four tents. All that's missing is an espresso maker and I would be in heaven! They will service your bike for you, at a reasonable cost, or you can use their tools and do it yourself at no cost. I know of no other bike shop like this. So cool! It was raining in the morning when we packed up to leave so the phone didn't come out to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment