Friday, July 11, 2014

Blind River to Espenola July 9/14

Blind river was right up there for having the worst mosquito infestation the morning we packed up. So Karin was up and scrambled to get away as fast as possible. I took my time (waring a bug net over my head) packing up. On the way out of town I stopped for a second breakfast at Timmy Ho's and talked to Brenda for about an hour. I had a good tail wind today and it took only four hours to do the 100kms into Espanola. Today we are stopping at the sister's of a good friend who happen to be out of town visiting one of their four daughters but still graciously invited Karin and I to stay. We were greeted at the door by their youngest daughter and her "Nana" and made to feel welcome right away showing us our rooms, bathrooms (yes, separate bathrooms) and telling us we need a shower. No, I meant if we wanted a shower right away. We had a great dinner with lots of conversation. Later I spent time talking on Skype Video to Debbie and Gilles about our tour. Gilles was very interested because it has been something he has given thought to and wishes he could have been there in person to talk to me and look at what equipment we are using.

This trip is all about meeting people across this country and has definitely exceeded my expectations. When we first arrived in Espanola we met a man who had cycled through Europe on a bicycle with a three speed Sturmey Archer rear hub (bicycle nerd warning). Quite an accomplishment.

One of the pictures shows a car swerving with with little dots all around it on a road sign. Does this mean bad drivers in Ontario are shot at with a shotgun? Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment