Thursday, June 19, 2014

White City to Whitewood

It was a big ride today. 160km from White City to Whitewood. We took a motel due to severe weather warning with possible funnel cloud formation for this area. Tomorrow is going to be a wet day with winds on our right shoulder. There is hope for an improvement in the weather by Saturday as they are calling for sunshine in Winnipeg which we will be closer to.

It's good to see we missed the messy weather in the West such as the snow on the passes and flooding in southern Alberta but strong headwinds have plagued is all the way across the prairies.

One thing I forgot to mention in the last post was what the heck do they make there mud out of here? Yesterday I went to pull off the highway onto an entrance to one of the Range Roads to put a Zip Bag over my leather Brooks Saddle and as I went off the pavement onto the dirt road I came to an abrupt halt. The mud stuck to my tires like glue and jammed in against my fenders filling them up. I tried backing the bike up but it just made it worse by picking up more mud. I had to drag the bike back to the pavement, take my wheels off the bike to get to the inside of the fenders. I scraped as much out as I could to get the wheels back on the bike to get moving again. Note to self, "Never go near wet dirt in the prairies" especially after all the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment