Monday, June 30, 2014

Atikokan to Shabaqua

The night before I had asked one of the Atikokan locals if there was any services between Atikokan and Shabaqua. They provided me with a lot more info than what I could find on line. I had expected another day with nothing in between but he assured me three was a restaurant 40km down the road and services in Shabaqua.

The day before, Karin and I road together but she doesn't like to stop until she gets to her destination. Where as I like to stop and check interesting things out and take pictures and swim in the lakes. Different touring styles. So we meet at an arranged destination and if we don't find each other right away a short text works. Karin was down the road half an hour before me to try and beat the heat and humidity we had the day before.

The first four pictures are of the view I see from the bike. Beautiful if not monotonous.

The next picture is the line across the continent where all the water flows into the Atlantic ocean. I guess this means on the other side of the line only some of the water flows there? I did pee on both sides of the sign so I could say I've "Marked"the land between the Arctic and Atlantic oceans.

The next two pictures show a thunder and lightning storm I let pass by. Little good it did me as mother nature was lining them up one behind the other and caught me in the middle of two more. I stopped at the bottom of a hill each time and waited for the lightning and heavy rain to move on.

The last picture puts me in a new time zone but don't think this means you will be getting the blog posts any earlier. ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment