Sunday, June 8, 2014

Christina Lake to Nelson

June 6, 2014

We stayed in a private campground just off  the south end of the lake and were up and gone by 8am. Todays ride was another day that was all about the climb. This one being the Blueberry Paulson. Karin set her own pace and in no time was out of sight. Myself, I checked the time at the base of the hill and started to climb It took me 4 hours to make it to the summit and did it without my heart rate or breathing getting out of control. On one peticularly long, steep straight stretch an other touring cyclist come up behind me while I was in my own little world and scared the crap out of me. It was Joe who I thought was way ahead of us. He had decided to stay in Christina lake also and make the climb in the morning like us. So we chatted a bit and went our separate ways. Towards the top it started to get cold but I held off putting on a jacket because I was starting my desent down into Castlegar where I was sure the temperature was upwards of 30 degrees. Getting into Castlegar was like dropping into a furnace. it's hard the temperatures we are having. I met Joe on the way out of Castlegar to Nelson and took turns giving each other pull and was in Nelson in no time.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment