Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Shediac to Charlottetown! Aug 5/14

A friend from Nelson invited us to stay with his mother in Charlottetown. I should say his mother, Theresa, new we were coming through and wanted to meet us. A touring cyclist loves a meal, a shower and a soft bed. What I like most about an invitation I get to meet new people and hear their story. When I first arrived we sat out front and talked for an hour while drinking fresh hot mint tea brewed from mint out of her garden. Our conversations lead us through our lives and what it brought us, good and bad. Theresa made a comment that I too repeat many times and that is, "Everyone has a story". I always keep this in mind when I talk to someone I haven't met and helps me listen and not take over the conversation. Later we were fed a great meal and retired for a sound sleep. Breakfast was waiting for us in the morning. Thank you Theresa for your wonderful hospitality.

Riding our bikes across P.E.I. There is this incredible floral scent of potato and clover blossoms mixed with the freshness of the ocean air. An experience I will not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment