Sunday, August 17, 2014

Burgeo! Aug 17/14

We are both tired today after riding 300kms in two days with headwinds. Today I arranged for places to stay in Grey River and Francois. Grey River especially since the weather is supposed to be at its worst.

I was talking to the park ranger about the small communities we will be visiting and found out the government is trying to close them down. Each resident is being offered $250,000 to leave if 90% of the residents or more agree to the terms. Some communities have excepted and many are living in Burgeo.

Today I walked through and around Sandbanks Provincial Park and found it to be ringed with beautiful sandy beaches. I'm sure they were being utilized a few weeks ago when the temperatures were in the 30's. I was the only one walking them with the cool weather. The sandy, boggy interior was loaded with delicious ripe wild blue berries and spent time consuming handful after handful.

No comments:

Post a Comment