Sunday, August 3, 2014

Nackawic to Lakeside Campground on Grand Lake! Aug 2/14

After consulting some of the locals the night before it was decided we would take the old Trans Canada Highway to Fredericton instead of the very busy number 2. After a couple of hours we stopped at the Tim Horton's on the edge of Fredericton for a bathroom break and something to eat.

The conversation with the girl at the counter went something like this.

"Hello! I would like two Tuscan Grilled Chicken Paninis, one large coffee with double milk and one large green tea."
"Do you want cream in your tea?"
"No. Just hot water."
"You want a large hot water?"
"Yes. For tea."

So I get hot water with no green tea. Now on to the grilled chicken Panini.

"Do you want it plain or with tomato and bacon?"
"I'll have both plain, please."
"You want them both plain with cheese?"
"Cheese sounds good. Sure."

I go to pick up our order and both are a plain grilled cheese sandwich. I know "Please" and "Cheese" sound similar but there was more to out than that. Right from the start the girl behind the counter was having a problem understanding my words. My conclusion was it's my thick West coast accent. I'm going to work on my East coast accent while I'm here.

Another thing I noticed about Fredericton and it's surrounding area, people are quite open about letting you know what they think. Several people took it apon themselves to tell me from their car cyclists shouldn't be on the road. I waved and said thank you for the information and made a point to say "Hello" to everyone I could.





No comments:

Post a Comment