Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pleasant Bay to South Harbour! Aug 10/14

It was a cool, wet and windy ride today from Pleasant Bay to South Harbour. Not quite as scenic as the day before because most of this portion of the route is inland. In the fall, when the hardwoods take on their colors, this stretch could be off the charts. Rain means the phone stays indoors so pictures are limited today. Reed, a friend on the west coast emailed me to say I had some nasty weather heading my way and Reed, you had it right.

I'm sitting in an Adirondack chair looking North across North Harbour and out to the open Atlantic. In not to many days Karin and I will be in New Foundland heading for Burgeo to hop on one of the supply ships that provide support to the small communities on the South Shore. I hope more people like myself visit the Grey Rivers, the Francois and the Pool Coves to keep them alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment