Saturday, August 9, 2014

Cheticamp to Pleasant Bay! July 9/14

Today was our first day on the Cabot Trail and it was AWESOME! A combination of sunlight filtered by storm cells coming in off the Strait of Saint Laurence highlighting the ruggedness of the coastline and the juxtaposition of the lighter colored undulating highway to the short dark scrubby forest it cuts through made for a dramatic image I will never forget. The pictures I had taken with my phone don't do it justice.

This evening for dinner was a whole lobster to continue immersing myself in what is Cape Breton. Cracking one of these babies open comes easy for a West coast boy like myself who has devoured large numbers of Dungeness crab at a single sitting.

After settling into the dorm of the HI hostel, I walked down to the beach to take in the ocean smells and sounds of the surf. Again, filtered sunlight rewarded me with scenes of glowing spray from the crashing waves blown up the steep embankment.

No comments:

Post a Comment