Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Ain't Carrying No Laptop

The electronic equipment I'm replacing my laptop with.

I can recharge my smartphone about four times with this external battery.

This folding Keyboard is surprisingly comfortable to use.

  
This Micro USB card reader allows me t transfer pictures taken with my Lumix DMC-ST4 to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus Phone. From the phone I can upload to this Blogger page, Facebook or deposit them in Google Drive using my phones data connection or an available Wifi connection.

The On-The-Go cable connector or OTG as it is called allows me to back-up my photos on another size card as an option.

And this basically replaces my laptop for the trip. Quarter the weight and quarter the size. Screen size of my phone would be a deal breaker for most but what I'm using it for I'm happy with the compromise.

My Android based Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Prime GT-i9250. It's a couple of years old but does the trick.

I'll talk about the android software needed to make this work in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment