Thursday, September 19, 2013

....and lines are drawn!



View the map of the route by using this link:  Google Maps Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the driving directions to view all of the maps.

 This map of my proposed route is just that, a "Proposed route" which will be subject to change as decisions are made. Some of the route decisions I have made I will keep such as riding along the south shore of Lake Superior through the USA and re-entering Canada at Sault Ste. Marie to avoid the somewhat shoulderless, heavy trafficked Trans Canada Highway along its North shore. The other portion I will be keeping is the route through Newfoundland along its South Shore. This is one of the portions of the trip I'm looking most forward to. I will be ferry hopping between small fishing villages that have no road access and depend on this ferry service for most of their supplies. I would like to see some of these communities before they disappear.


The community of Grey River. The first stop after the ferry leaves Burgeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment