Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cross Canada Tour Starts in Two Weeks

The butterflies are in full flight. The panic has set in and there are a million things left to do.

When I first started this blog I was going it alone across Canada. But one stipulation requested from my wife Brenda, was not to do this trip alone for safety reasons. I was lucky and found a touring partner here in Nelson. I was talking about my up coming trip to my co-workers, (I’m sure they are getting tired of hearing about it) and one piped up she had always wanted to do a coast to coast tour but wouldn't do it alone and asked if she could join me. Problem solved. Karin, who is a multilingual, (will come in handy), a very competitive athlete, a cyclist who can leave me in her dust is now my cross Canada riding partner.

Bringing on Karin has made me re look at route choices, where we will be on curtain dates and make reservations in cities such as Montreal and Quebec City to spend time being tourists off the bike.

We are now cycling in Canada the whole distance, not dipping through the USA along the South shore of Lake Superior. It was decided to truly make this a “Canadian Tour”.


Other big route changes involve cycling the Cabot Trail and forgoing the “Supply ship hopping” route of the South Shore of Newfoundland. The South Shore would have been an incredible experience but involved upwards of two weeks time. I think a Maritime Provincial Tour is needed sometime in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment